ES File Explorer was previously removed by Amazon from the Amazon Fire TV app store's default display. I was one of the many who believed that installing ES File Explorer on FireTV and Firestick was now difficult.
Yet alas! On Fire TV, we can still install ES File Explorer without using any sideloading software.
ES File Explorer is an incredibly popular file manager app for the Android platform. This versatile tool can be used to manage storage, sideload FireStick apps (paid subscription required), connect to cloud drives and more.
I think ES File Explorer is a must have for FireStick and a must if you want better control over your device.
What Is ES File Explorer?
As I said, ES File Explorer is a file manager app that also works as a great side tool for FireStick.
ES File Explorer is available from the Amazon Store. I have provided installation instructions later in this guide.
This app allows you to download third-party APKs on the page using web URLs. However, to sideload apps, you need a premium subscription that costs $9.99 per month.
You can also connect FireStick to PC using ES File Explorer to download APKs from the page and even transfer files back and forth. Again I have given step by step instructions to download programs from the page using this program.
Benefits of ES File Explorer for FireStick Users:
ES File Explorer offers many tools. However, there are many features that most FireStick users will probably never use. That's why I prioritize and highlight the benefits you're more likely to use. If you need help with a specific utility not mentioned in this guide, please let us know via the comments section below.
Here are the key benefits of ES File Explorer for FireStick users:
- Download third party apps from the page via direct link (paid subscription required).
- Download third-party applications from the website using your computer.
- Clean up your FireStick storage by deleting unnecessary files like unused APKs.
- Transfer files between FireStick and PC.
- Connect to cloud services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. (this feature is currently not working).
How to Install ES File Explorer on Firestick/Fire TV
- At the very top of the Home screen menu is Search.
- FireTV Tip: Use your remote's HOME button to access your FireTV's home screen.
- Enter "es file" into the on-screen keyboard to search for it.
- Select ES File Explorer File Manager.
- Download the apps Simply.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire TV (unofficial):
- First, you need to Turn ON ADB Debugging on Developer Options from My Fire TV Settings
- Download ES File Explorer APK from HERE
- or Just go to Downloader and type this code: 243696
- Choose the ES File Explorer app from the list of results.
- To download and install ES File Explorer on your Fire TV, select Download.
- Hit Open to start ES File Explorer on your Firestick or FireTV after installation. that's it!